Belfast, Northern Ireland
Restaurant | Dog-Friendly Bars & Pubs in Belfast
Whites Tavern, established in 1630, is not only Belfast's oldest tavern but also a piece of history. Located in Winecellar Entry, an old trading alley, this 17th-century tavern shares the same space where the Mercury Newspaper was founded in the 1850s.
Today, it is a traditional Irish pub and restaurant in the heart of the city, offering excellent Guinness, Irish pub grub, and live music.
The downstairs pub and bar radiate a cheerful and vibrant atmosphere while upstairs in The White's Garden, the mood is sophisticated and charming. Come and enjoy the best of both worlds at Whites Tavern, where culinary delight awaits.
- Dogs are welcome at most times in our venues. We think its best for dogs to avoid busy
nights after 8pm, as well as Friday & Saturdays or public holidays.
- Dogs (like humans) are expected to be well behaved and not to disturb other customers or
staff. The odd woof now and again is fine but if you dog is barking or making excessive
noise- then you may be politely asked to sit outside.
- Water will be avaliable outside for all pups (not inside in case anyone were to trip/spill a
bowl and cause an accident).
- Please keep dogs on a leash at all times, and if possible keep you dog closer to you feet or
under your table.
- Please do not allow your dog to sit on the furniture (chairs, benches, tables etc). If your dog
is a little or a puppy however, then your lap is the place for them!
- Not all dogs are good with crowds of people so if it looks like your dog is not enjoying
themselves, then just head off and come back another time when it a bit quieter.
- If there is another dog(s) already in the premises then it is sometimes best to sit
away/opposite end of the pub. However, if this has got your dogs interest then there is no
time like the present for them to make new friends.
Head on over and find out some of our most popular dog-friendly blog posts. From the top 10 dog-friendly hotels in Ireland, to Restaurants with indoor dog-friendly seating, we have covered it all.
We can't wait to see you and your dog at Whites Tavern!
2-4 Winecellar Entry, Belfast BT1 1QN, UK
How dog-friendly is Whites Tavern? Help others by rating and reviewing.
|Monday||12:00 - 00:00|
|Tuesday||12:00 - 00:00|
|Wednesday||12:00 - 00:00|
|Thursday||12:00 - 00:00|
|Friday||12:00 - 02:00|
|Saturday||12:00 - 02:00|
|Sunday||12:00 - 00:00|
For our pet-friendly policies
A Pet-Friendly Restaurant
Here are some other Restaurants in Northern Ireland that are happy to welcome dogs!