10. The Dunloe Hotel & Gardens
The Dunloe Hotel & Gardens i
s a luxury 5-star pet-friendly hotel overlooking the Gap of Dunloe in Killarney. The 64-acre estate is full of surprises, from an extraordinary arboretum to the hidden ruins of the 13th-century Dunloe Castle. All guests can experience Irish history, stylish architecture, and adventure, with onsite complimentary leisure activities such as horseback riding, tennis, fishing, and swimming.
This dog-friendly hotel is more than happy to welcome our lovable four-legged friends with a pack full of delicious doggie welcome treats, a toy, food and water bowls with a special floor mat, a comfy bed for your dog, a dog blanket to cover the sofa if your pup prefers to sleep there, and waste bags. Let your dog unwind, in their 20-acres of gardens. They even boast the safe haven of an enclosed run so you can let your pup run wild off the leash.
There is a small pet fee of €10 per dog per night and they offer both luxurious kennels or dog-friendly hotel rooms. As with lots of hotels, the dog-friendly guest rooms are on a request basis only, so you must speak with a staff member or email the hotel when making your booking.
The hotel is surrounded by breathtaking landscapes, including the Gap of Dunloe and the macgillycuddy's Reeks Mountains, making it a perfect destination for nature lovers and dog owners. Whether it's hiking, scenic drives, or visits to local attractions, there are numerous dog-friendly activities to be enjoyed in the surrounding area.
Pettiquite at The Dunloe Hotel & Gardens Hotel
- Additional Pet Fee - €10 per dog per night
- Doggie amenities - A pack full of delicious doggie welcome treats, a toy, food and water bowls with a special floor mat, a dog bed and blanket, and waste bags
- Size restrictions- none, big dog friendly
- Allowed Areas - Dogs are welcome on the grounds and in the restaurant's outdoor seating
- Lead - Must be on a lead when not inside your room